I Exist: Voices from the Lesbian and Gay Middle Eastern Community in the US
“I Exist” is a documentary exploring individual journeys of Lesbian and Gay people of Middle Eastern cultures living in the United States. The cultural and religious challenges that many Lesbian and Gay Middle Eastern people endure are unparalleled. This documentary shows the journey many take in learning how to join both their cultural heritage and sexual identity. Even with these challenges, stories of hope emerge and show that a family's love can always win over hatred and ignorance.
"Deep, insightful, and original."
- Peace & Justice Studies Association
"Gives voices to an invisible queer Middle Eastern community in desperate need of recognition."
- Insideout, Toronto
• Best Documentary, New York Lesbian & Gay Film Festival, 2003
• Best Documentary, Turin International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, 2003
• Reel Pride Lesbian & Gay Film Festival, 2003
• San Francisco Lesbian & Gay International Film Festival, 2002