What makes Black lesbians so special? Suggs takes a fresh and funny approach to explore this and other questions using a mixture of scenes shot on film and video with running commentaries by women in the know.
"A charming video about food, dancing shoes and the way some girls dress."
- Flaming Queer Film and Video
"Details the daily rituals of black lesbians in a voyeuristic short that speculates on "straight" thinking about gays. The piece uses an unseen pair of chatty "spectators" whose curiosity about how lesbians eat, and what kind of shoes they wear are countered by asking, How often do you get harassed on the street?"
- Evette Porter, The Village Voice
• Flaming Queer Film and Video, London, 1992
• Emerging Women Video and Filmmakers, Brooklyn Museum, 1993
• African-American Women Behind the Camera series, Brooklyn Museum, 1993