Not Channel Zero encourages viewers to locate and challenge the biases of television and other media.
- Laurie Oullette, Will the Revolution be Televised?
NCZ jars viewers' ordinarily passive acceptance of visual images and challenges them to form their own interpretations and, most important, their own opinions.
- LaRose Parris, American Visions
"An inventive New York media collective with an afrocentric perspective and a refreshing way of combining aesthetic imagination with political savvy."
- Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"Not Channel Zero… toted around their camera at protests held across the US, offering a less polished and more nuanced view of matters than you’d find on the nightly news."
- Alex Greenberger, Artnews
The show has a hyperactive style that often jolts viewers into a stimulative, occasionally witty visual escapade.
- Ray Smith, New York Newsday